Joining the Library
If you are a ratepayer or permanent resident of the Bundaberg Regional Council area, or Queensland, the library is a FREE service.
To join, verification of CURRENT RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS is required. (ID must show a street address).
You must show at least 1 form of personal identification that displays your current address. Acceptable forms of identification are:
* rates notice
* electoral card
* driver's licence
* utility account (phone, electricity, gas)
* pension card
* health care card
* rent receipt
* bank statement
If you are under 18 you must be signed in by a parent or guardian. Your parent or guardian must either be a current member of the Library, or eligible to become a member of the Library.
Visitors to the Libraries who are not Queensland residents are able to join the Library by payment of a non-refundable visitor membership fee.
Limits apply to the number of items which can be borrowed by visitor members.
We accept payment by cash or cheque only.
More information on Library memberships may be found in the Library Guidelines.
Borrowing from the Library
Standard Membership: 15 items per card
Visitor Membership: 5 items per card
|Books||max. 15||3 weeks|
|Magazines||max. 15||3 weeks|
|Audio Books (CD)||max. 15||3 weeks|
|Compact Discs||max. 15||3 weeks|
|Junior Audio Books||max. 5||3 weeks|
|DVDs||max. 5||1 week|
|Fastbacks||max. 5||1 week|
|eServices||see individual services|
Your membership card
- Your membership card must be presented to borrow items.
- The member (or parent/guardian) is responsible for items borrowed on their card.
- Please notify staff immediately of any loss/theft of your card, or change of contact details.
- A replacement fee is charged for each lost/damaged card.
Renewals & Reservations
To renew or reserve an item, please contact us:
- In person (present membership card)
- By Phone (quote membership number)
- Via the Online catalogue (membership number and PIN)
Maximum of 3 renewals per item and a maximum of 5 reserves per card.
Returning Library items
- After-hours chutes are located near the Library entrance for returning items when the Library is closed.
- Persons who fail to return overdue Library items will have their borrowing privileges withdrawn.
- Lost or damaged items must be paid for before further items may be borrowed. Please do not attempt to repair damaged items, as this is a job for experts.