The historic Burnett Heads lighthouse stood watch over passing ships for 99 years before being replaced by a new electric lighthouse.
The Skyway Drive-in operated in Bundaberg from 1959-1989. On the corner of Maynard Road and Fitzgerald Street, it was a favourite entertainment venue. Unfortunately declining profitability saw it close permanently in 1989.
The history of Alexandra Park, Bundaberg. First conceived in 1878, it was named in 1909. A bandstand and zoo were added to enhance the park and it has become a favoured recreation spot for the people of Bundaberg.
A history of this vital link between east and west. The current Kennedy Bridge was opened in 1899.
The 1942 floods in Bundaberg were devastating for residents and farmers alike. They were also the first floods photographed by hundreds of residents. These are some of the images.