Various technology sessions are offered at our library locations throughout the year. Bookings are essential and can be placed no sooner than 2 weeks prior to each event.
Visit the events page to browse or register for an upcoming session.
If you live in the Childers or Gin Gin regions and are interested in an iPad Basics or Android Tablet Basics classes at the Childers or Gin Gin Libraries, please register your interest with Childers or Gin Gin Library in person, or by phoning 4130 4650 (Childers) or 4130 4620 (Gin Gin).
Technology Session guidelines:
Staff at Bundaberg Library are able to provide some time-limited one-on-one technology assistance with basic, specific, and library-related enquiries. Prior bookings are essential.
Bookings, Availability, Time Limits
- Prior bookings are essential
- Assistance is available at Bundaberg Library on Tuesdays & Wednesdays
- Staff will be able to assist for a maximum of 20 minutes
- Basic and specific enquiries
- Library-related enquiries, eg. eServices
- Basic enquiries, eg. downloading an app
Assistance Not Provided
- Complex and non-specific enquiries
- Tech support - enquiries meant for ISPs, manufacturers, etc
- Setting up, troubleshooting, or 'fixing' devices and/or issues
- Library staff are not able to assist with all devices
- Library staff do not necessarily have formal technology-related qualifications and no responsibility is accepted by Council or its staff for your device or for advice imparted
- Assistance is provided at the discretion of Bundaberg Regional Libraries
|The Computer School
Confused about how to surf the Web? Or use Microsoft Word? Or navigate Facebook or Twitter? The Computer School has basic introductory tutorials on all of these and much more. To access click on the logo and type in your Bundaberg Regional Libraries membership number.
Lynda.com is a database of online video tutorials and courses on topics such as business, CAD, marketing, photography, website development, programming, education, IT, management, etc. It also provides tutorials on many different software packages. A hugely useful resource for students and anyone wishing to learn for work, study, or pleasure. The State Library of Queensland has facilitated access to Lynda.com for all Queensland public libraries. Your library membership number and Library PIN is required to sign in. The first time you use Lynda.com you will be asked to complete your profile (with your email address). This will enable you to personalise Lynda.com and save videos for viewing later, etc.