Lynda.com is a database of online video tutorials and courses on topics such as business, CAD, marketing, photography, website development, programming, education, IT, management, etc. It also provides tutorials on many different software packages. A hugely useful resource for students and anyone wishing to learn for work, study, or pleasure. The State Library of Queensland has facilitated access to Lynda.com for all Queensland public libraries. Your library membership number and Library PIN is required to sign in. The first time you use Lynda.com you will be asked to complete your profile (with your email address). This will enable you to personalise Lynda.com and save videos for viewing later, etc.
State Library of Queensland databases
- General reference
- Newspapers (current) - Library Press Display
- Newspapers (historic) - 19th Century British Newspapers
- eBooks - TumbleBooks for kids
- Medical information - Health and Wellness Resource Center
- Dictionaries - Macquarie, Oxford
- Lynda.com - video tutorials covering business, management, technology, marketing, web design, and lots more.
National Library of Australia databases
Access to online licenced resources on a variety of topics. You will need to apply for a free National Library of Australia card.
- many of the same offered by the State Library (above), plus more.
Library login required
(Library membership card number required)
The Computer School - basic computer and Internet tutorials
In Library use only
Ancestry Library Edition - genealogy (family history) - Available at all branches
Choice Online - consumer information, including product tests and comparisons, from Choice. Ask staff for login and password details. Available at all branches